Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mark Steyn is "Islamed out"

It would be easy enough for me to post, every day, a great quote from SteynOnline, the excellent blog written by Mark Steyn, author of America Alone, After America, The [Un]documented Mark Steyn and other books which I've praised here in the past. See "USA 'the brokiest brokey broke nation in the history of the world'": WWW 11/11/13 -- great to read after the Prez's State of Disunion speech.

I don't do it -- quote Mr. Steyn every day, I mean -- only because Ed. accuses me of laziness often enough as it is. Today, though, I must risk Ed.'s wrath to give you a snippet from "Hold the Mohamed Salad", Mr. Steyn's trenchant comment on crimes committed by guys named "Mohamed" in Germany, Norway, Sweden, Canada...maybe even the USA.

Mr. Steyn writes: I've spent the entirety of this no longer new century writing about [the Islamization of Europe and the decline of the West]. The remorseless demographic transformation of the western world is the biggest story of our time, so why wouldn't a writer want to write about it? Apart from anything else, once you're aware of it, it haunts your dreams.

But most of us still aren't aware of it. I've been fortunate enough to get a couple of bestselling books out of the subject, but that's no comfort if, by the time they're my age, my children are living in a post-western world. And, of course, you can have a "bestseller" and 99.999999999 per cent of the population need never know of it. Every day I get letters from people who come here via a link from someone or other beginning in effect: "What do you mean, 'the Islamization of Europe'? It's the first I've heard of it."

Really? Why did the Charlie Hebdo guys get killed? Because they provoked Islam. Why is Europe's political class so willing to trade away free speech and women's rights? Because they're desperate to appease Islam. Why did the same young secular childless German women who supported Angela Merkel in her multiculti delusions spend the New Year getting groped and raped by the young men they so generously opened the doors of their country to? Because when you appease Islam you provoke Islam.

I'm pretty Islamed out, because I don't have a lot to say I didn't say ten years ago.

Further reading: "Mark Steyn on the Middle East and our 'societal suicide'": WWW 18/11/15.

No comments:

Post a Comment