Saturday, February 28, 2015

The lure of the limerick, the colour of the dress

Ed. here. Walt is tired and downhearted. Nearly every headline that catches his eye raises his blood pressure. So Doctor Daniels has ordered him to bed, on a strict diet of vitriol and Kellogg's Grumpies. Until he gets back, he has asked me to fill this space with something light and humorous. With what, I asked myself. Then I heard Homer Simpson say that he once knew a man from Nantucket (in "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo"), and thought, hey, I know that one. I won't post it here, but will copy out four other delightful limericks, which I hope will bring a smile to your face... and Walt's.

There was a young man of Calcutta
Who had a most terrible stutta.
He said "Pass the ham
"And the j.. j.. j.. jam
"And the b.. b.. b.. b.. b.. b.. butta."

There was a young man from Darjeeling
Who got on a bus bound for Ealing.
It said at the door
"Don't spit on the floor!"
So he carefully spat on the ceiling.

There was an old fellow named Cager
Who proposed an incredible wager
By offering to fart
The whole oboe part
Of Mozart's Quartet in F Major.

The was a young fellow named Clyde
Who fell in an outhouse and died.
Along came his brother
And fell in another
And now they're interred side by side.

Afterthought: Are you telling me the dress isn't gold and white?! Go on wi' ye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment