Thursday, April 11, 2013

Word play -- the quiz that stumped Walt [and Ed.!]

Walt loves playing with words. Anagrams, crosswords, palindromes, obscure and archaic words... bring it on. If the topic has to do with our beautiful English language, you would want me on your side in a pub quiz. Indeed, I dare say I am a cunning linguist.

Once in a while though, someone sends me a test that leaves me... well... lost for words. One such arrived today in an e-mail from Agent 6. (Welcome back, 6!) Here it is.

The following seven words have something in common. See if you can figure out what it is.

1. Banana

2. Dresser

3. Grammar

4. Potato

5. Revive

6. Uneven

7. Assess

Need a clue? Well, the solution has nothing to do with anagrams. Nor is it the repetition of at least one consonant. It's something else... something so simple that you'll kick yourself when I tell you... which I'll do tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment