Thursday, November 15, 2012

How a priest got a hair dryer through customs

In Catholic schools, students were taught that lying is a sin. At least that's the way it used to be. Nowadays, who knows? But I digress... Instruction was also given that to avoid the sin of lying, one could be -- shall we say -- a bit creative with the truth. Here's an example of how a priest might have done so.

An attractive young woman on a flight from Ireland asked the Priest beside her, "Father, may I ask a favour?'"
"Of course child, said Father O'Malley. "What may I do for you?"

"Well," said the girl, "I bought my mother an expensive hair dryer for her birthday. It is unopened but well over the Customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. Is there any way you could carry it through customs for me? Hide it under your cassock perhaps?"

"I would love to help you," said the priest, "but I must warn you, I will not lie."
"With your honest face, Father, no one will question you," replied the damsel.

When they got to Customs, she let the priest go first. The officer asked, "Father, do you have anything to declare?"
Answered the priest, "From the top of my head down to my waist, I have nothing to declare."

The customs inspector thought this answer strange, so asked, "And what do you have to declare from your waist down to the floor?"
"I have a marvellous instrument designed to be used on a woman, but which is, to date, unused."
Roaring with laughter, the officer said, "Go ahead, Father. Next!"

Thanks and a tip o' me hat to Agent 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment