Monday, December 5, 2011

Mother of 6 trades $96,000 house for minivan

In some parts of America, you can get a pretty good house for under $100,000. A lady in Detroit had one -- 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, located in Russell Woods (former hometown of Diana Ross & the Supremes), valued at $96,000. She traded it for a 2006 Chevy Uplander -- seats 6-8, PS & PB, only 85,000 miles, valued at around $6800.

The former home-owner told the Detroit News "I had a lot of good offers, some from out of state. It turned out I took one of the first offers I got because I felt like it helped us both. They needed the house more than anyone I spoke with. They kept telling me it was a blessing to them. I really feel like I made a good decision."

Why did she do this? Well, the lady is disabled, and felt she could no longer rely on Detroit's troubled bus service. So, you see, a minivan made much better sense than the Corvette she was offered.

The new motorist's name is Lawanda Flake. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment