Thursday, January 13, 2011

Former director reveals how Planned Parenthood does ultrasound-guided abortions

This week saw the publication of Unplanned, a new book by Abby Johnson, former director of a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Bryan TX. You certainly won't enjoy reading it, but you should, if you have any illusions that Planned Parenthood is devoted to women's maternal health care.

The fact is that Planned Parenthood promotes abortion and pressures its affiliates to increase the abortion rate. If you don't want to read all the gory details -- and I mean that quite literally -- click here for a transcript of a webcast in which Ms Johnson speaks of the horrific experience that caused her to reject abortion and drove her into the pro-life movement. Here's a sample.

I had never seen an ultrasound-guided abortion before. They’re not standard procedure because they take a few extra minutes.... I was called in to help. My job was to hold the ultrasound probe on the woman’s abdomen so that the physician could get a view inside the uterus....

When I looked at the screen and heard them say that she was 13 weeks pregnant, on the screen I saw the profile of a 13-week-old baby in the womb.... In that instant, I had a flashback to my own ultrasound of my daughter when I was 12 weeks pregnant. In that instant, I realized what was about to happen and what I was about to witness.... I recalled all of the things I had said for so many years to justify abortion – all the things that I thought I believed deep down in my core.

When the abortion procedure started, I saw the child begin to move away from the abortion instrument and recoil. The child knew that its life was in danger. Before that moment, I had never even considered that the child in the womb felt pain or felt anything for that matter. Planned Parenthood had always told us that the fetus had no sensory development until 28 weeks.

I was surprised, shocked, appalled and disgusted at what I was watching. I felt betrayed because I couldn’t believe that this company that I had believed and trusted in had lied. I didn’t want to believe it, but was looking at it so clearly. The evidence was in front of my face.

The abortion started and in just a few moments, the screen was black, and the abortion was complete. In that moment, I knew that my life was going to have to change. I knew that I couldn’t walk out of there the same way that I had walked in.

Unplanned is published by Ignatius Press. You can buy it -- in print, Kindle or audio CD -- on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment