Friday, June 25, 2010

Ontario schoolteacher questions LGBTQ sex ed agenda

Two months ago (24/4/10) Walt disparaged the LGBTQ* agenda which is being pushed by liberal media, all "progressive persons" and, in Ontario, the provincial government. See Lesbian cabinet minister pushed queer sex ed plan.

That post provoked considerable outrage from a couple of the aforementioned "progressive persons" and Right Thinkers, who predictably accused Walt of homophobia and -- shock! horror! -- being a social conservative!

But it appears Walt is not the only one who thinks that this whole gay rights thing has gone too far. This morning I found in my inbox the following comment from an Ontario elementary school teacher:

That sex ed thing was a fiasco. This week we had to do a "school climate survey" with our Grade 4 and 5 students. It took about three hours of class time. The questions included stuff on how the students "perceived equity" in what they were exposed to in the way of information, books, posters, etc. on women & girls, different cultures, religions, families, gays and lesbians, transgender, and bullying issues of all kinds.

How much time should I spend reading stories and articles about gay/lesbian and transgendered individuals to my 9- and 10-year-olds? My class's answer: NEVER!

* LGBTQ = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered & Questioning. That the latest PC tag for those who reject sexual normality. Don't blame me; I didn't make it up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the Ontario schoolteacher Walt quotes. I should add, I also think some kids think it's so mainstream now to be gay, that why not try it on for size.

    ReplyDelete