Monday, November 2, 2009

Little Mosque on the Prairie: an apology

Some time ago I poked fun at CBC-TV's Little Mosque on the Prairie. I have suggested, and I stand by this, that it portrays a situation and characters so absurdly unreal that they are not only unfunny but just plain stupid.

I was wrong, however, to demand that it be removed from the airwaves. One can make a good argument that it's a horrible waste of taxpayers' money and a great example of the CBC's pandering to the vizmins. There's a lot of that going around.

But I will concede that Little Mosque is not a threat to Canadian culture or the Canadian way of life. It's not dangerous at all. Why? Because no-one's watching.

You doubt Walt? No-one...repeat, NO-ONE...watches Little Mosque on the Prairie. Do your own survey. Ask your friends, relatives, workmates, bowling team, whatever. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment